Deadline for Resiliency Grants Extended by NYS to Aug. 11
ALBANY–Communities statewide that face aftermath recovery from the severe weather emergencies this month have more time to apply for certain resiliency-related state grants. The new Aug. 11 deadlines provide communities impacted by storm damage additional time to apply for resources to help improve water quality, strengthen flood resiliency, and mitigate climate change.
“Extending the deadline will give flood-stricken communities time to finish their applications for projects that will protect public health, prepare for future severe weather events, and create jobs that boost local economies,” said Gov. Kathy Hochul. The deadline for the following grant programs was July 28.
- Water Infrastructure Improvement (WIIA) and Intermunicipal Grants (IMG): $425 million is available to fund critical wastewater and drinking water infrastructure projects. This amount is made available through a combination of existing state resources and the voter-approved Clean Water, Clean Air and Green Jobs Environmental Bond Act.
- In addition, certain resiliency-related programs available through the governor’s Consolidated Funding Application are also extended:
– Water Quality Improvement Projects (WQIP): $75 million is available to fund projects that directly improve water quality or aquatic habitat, promote flood risk reduction, restoration, and enhanced flood and climate resiliency or protect a drinking water source.
– Green Innovation Grant Program (GIGP): $15 million is available for projects that utilize green stormwater infrastructure design and green technologies.
– Engineering Planning Grants (EPG): $3 million is available to help fund engineering reports for wastewater projects.
– Non-Agricultural Nonpoint Source Planning and MS4 Mapping Grant: $3 million is available to reimburse the cost of planning reports for nonpoint source water quality improvement projects and mapping of Municipal Separate Storm Sewer Systems (MS4s).
The online application and eligibility information for the WIIA and IMG programs are available at https://efc.ny.gov/wiia. WIIA and IMG applications are due no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 11.
The CFA is available at https://apps.cio.ny.gov/apps/cfa/. Applications for WQIP, GIGP, EPG and non-agricultural non-point source and MS4 planning grants are due no later than 4 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 11.